Tuesday, November 29, 2011

11-29-11 grateful for today

1. My adorable dog
2. Music
3. Creativity
4. Love
5. Inner journey
6. Clarity
7. Energy/Chi
8. Cool weather
9. Joy
10. Meditation

I must confess one of my flaws. I watch WAY too much TV. Because I work for a cable provider, I get all the channels free, even the premium movie channels. I made a goal for myself to not watch TV at home for 10 days. If the TV is not on, I complete projects that need to be done at home, like cleaning. Yesterday was supposed to be the start of the 10 days, and it took all of 15 minutes before I told myself that my goal was stupid, that I was weak, and the TV was on. I'm in conflict because video production is what I love to do. I love to make movies. I believe that TV and Movies are a powerful tool. Like any tool, they can be used to the highest good of the world, or to downfall. It's the intention behind the filmmaker . . . and the intention of the viewer. When I spend my time to watch movies so that I can disappear from my own life and feel like I'm living though it is all illusion, that is my downfall. That is when I need to take a break and turn it off. When I have been disappearing from myself, it means that I don't want to see myself at all. If the TV is off, I am forced to spend time with myself . . . and currently I don't like it.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment