Tuesday, May 21, 2013

5-21-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Silence
3.  Endless possibilities in every moment
4.  Chanting
5.  Meditating
6.  Therapy
7.  Libraries
8.  Freedom and creativity in my job
9.  Unconditional Love
10.  The Light

I have the power to create what I need.  I was at work this morning and I was annoyed.  I've had a low grade headache for a month that has been draining on me, and this morning the extra noise from the TV that my officemate "needs to have on for noise" was grating on me.  I could tell I was going downhill with my attitude and my anger was starting to come out sideways.  I had a conference call first thing in the morning and I'm a visual person, I have a hard time paying attention to audio only and I was fading in and out of the conference call.  I was just not feeling well or able to concentrate and I know I need more concentration than normal on a conference call.  So that added to the TV being on causing distraction for me, and a busy day planned, I was ready to scream and throw things.  I didn't.  I ended up taking my laptop and working at the library, the quiet, almost silent library.  I am so grateful to have the freedom to be able to go to a quiet place when I need that extra quietness to think straight and focus.  I have been more productive in an hour at the library than I would have been at my office.  I need to remember to find the place for me that I need to work.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment