Sunday, May 12, 2013

5-12-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Quakers
3.  Friends
4.  My car running well
5.  Hot tea
6.  Music
7.  Chanting
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  Choices and responsibility
10.  That of God in all.

I'm sick with a cold yet again or more appropriately, still.  It seems to go away and then comes back.  I'm grateful for my awareness that this is connected to decisions I've made recently about my physical body.  Decisions that I also made a long time ago and buried away as I opted to function more like a robot than having any REAL connection or communication with my own body.  In my past and even recent past, most pains or discomforts were ignored by me consciously and came out sideways at others in bursts of anger and annoyance and impatience.  Until the pain became so incredibly bad that I would have no choice but to pay attention to it.  And even then, I would minimize my own pain or illness saying that's it's not so bad.  I can push through it.  If I just ignore it, it will go away eventually.  I need to learn to treat myself, including my physical self sacred, with gentleness, compassion and caring.  A good friend texted me when she heard my cold has taken a turn for the worse and she said, "I hope you are treating yourself preciously."  I need to believe that I am precious.  I am precious.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment