Friday, May 10, 2013

5-10-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Friday
3.  The Light
4.  Music
5.  Chanting
6.  My freeform creative job
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  Choices and responsibility
9.  Sleeping
10.  The Light in every person and everything

As a Quaker, I believe that there is that of God, that of The Light, in every person and every thing.  My belief is tested this week hearing about the women in Cleveland, OH that were abducted and locked up and abused continuously for more than 10 years by a man.  First, I am grateful that the women have escaped and now can begin healing emotionally.  I send them much Love, Strength and Healing Light. Being a survivor of abuse myself, I can relate to the healing journey ahead of them.

As for the man, I meditate strongly on my belief that there is that of The Light in every person.  I want to say except for this man.  I know that is not True.  I don't know this man, I don't know any of the people involved.  I heard this story on the news just like everybody else.  I know his actions were not that of The Light.  I know each person has a choice to either be guided by Their Light which is connected to God, or to turn away from The Light.  Doing violence on another is turning away from The Light.  Turning away from The Light does not extinguish it, I believe it's still there in every person it may be locked away, buried under mountains of debris, and it's still there.  This man needs to be held accountable and responsible for his actions.  Having The Light, or having experiences that cause a person to turn away from The Light will never excuse a person's actions.  I am not with experience in law enforcement to advise or make suggestion on how he is to be held accountable.  For me, believing that there is The Light within him reminds me that he is human.  There are no such things as monsters, only those who choose to turn away.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment