Thursday, August 25, 2011

8-25-11 grateful for today

1. Chanting
2. My adorable dog
3. Thunderstorms and a rainey day
4. My creatively free job
5. Unconditional love and support
6. Learning by example
7. Ease of living
8. Abundance
9. Endless possibility in every moment
10. Honor

I realized as I wrote number 6, Learning by example, that that is something I do well and at the same time try to deny it and am ashamed by it. I guess it's from growing up and trying to do what my brothers or cousins were doing. Everybody was older than me and I heard, "Don't copy your brother." "You're just trying to be like your cousin." I got the idea that it was a bad thing, or that I was taking something away from them if I wanted to do or try to do what they were doing. Like being a drummer like my cousin Mike. Or wanting to play the tuba like my brother Rick. Or program on the computer like my brother Steve. Then I think I need to come up with original ideas for commercials here in my new job as video producer. And I realized today that I can watch other commercials that look good to me and follow their example, their structure, rather than come up with everything all by myself. I now understand why art students will sketch another artists great piece of work. They are not trying to copy them to sell a copy of the others art, they are learning by tracing the lines, getting experience by trying to draw something that's already good so that they may use their skills to bring their own ideas to life more readily.
Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment