Wednesday, May 18, 2011

5-18-11 grateful for today

1. Breath of Life
2. Nature, the world, the universe
3. My car running well
4. My adorable dog
5. My wonderful career following my passion
6. Endless opportunities
7. Choices
9. Emotions
10. Kleenex

I had an insight this morning of being "grateful to god", or to be aware of Grace. In the past, I always had the vision of giving thanks to god as in thanking some puppet master, visualizing a mean tyrant pulling the strings, making the rules, and all of us powerless and punished to think for ourselves, or make our own choices. That's what I used to believe, because that is all I knew in the world. This morning while I was driving along, I saw the trees growing, the sky blue, felt the earth turning and I realized that for me, for now, being grateful to god is this feeling of grateful to have nature, this earth, this world, as a construct for me to live in. As a place and life for me to make my choices, to choose to follow my path or turn off in exploration. I am grateful to this, the world, the universe, my life and experiences. I understand now when one is applauded for their accomplishment, why they give that applause back to god, because without all this, without everybody, without everything there is as it is, they wouldn't have been able to accomplish anything.
Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment