Friday, June 28, 2013

6-28-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Creativity and talent
3.  Friends
4.  Learning
5.  Music
6.  Dancing and moving
7.  My car running well
8.  Knowing there is a enough time for everything
9.  Sacred space
10.  The Light

Hello and welcome to Friday!  I am learning and practicing more and more to allow my emotions to flow through me.  To not stop them at all.  I got triggered by something and I felt like a very scared little girl and I allowed my fear to express out of me through tears, while at the same time being loving and gentle and caring with myself knowing I am an adult and I care and protect myself.  It was a good practice.  It's interesting that I use the word "practice".  Growing up there was not support to "try" new things.  There was no "giving something a try" as in my house it was "do it right or don't do it at all."  So when in a growth therapy setting they are teaching to not use the word "try" at all because if you try you will not succeed, you are putting your energy into trying, attempting, giving yourself an out to fail. Be positive in your statements and say "I am" or "I do".  Which I very much understand from this perspective and people that do half-assed attempts because in their minds they are only "trying".  For me I get triggered and the world closes in because I would make it mean that there is no room for me to make a mistake.  There would be no room for me to do my all out best and make a mistake, I feel I have to do it perfect the first time.  So, I use the word "practice".  This provides the space I need.  Doing my best and allowing room to try new things out and make mistakes.  I am loving and gentle to myself and I practiced this today.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment