Monday, June 24, 2013

6-24-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  God is my breath of life
3.  Breathing
4.  My body
5.  My car running well
6.  All my emotions flowing thru me
7.  Endless possibilities in every moment
8.  Unconditional Love
9.  Friends
10.  The Light

I had an amazing weekend retreat.  I feel connected to all of life and every person.  I feel I am a part of God.  All of us are.  There are a lot of phrases of wisdom that are about being in the present moment.  Be here now.  Be fully present in this moment.  Taking only the phrases and trying to do that may be frustrating.  Or, like me, I understand the concept and then think I'm doing it, try to feel I'm doing it, and wondering if I'm being present at all.  For me, over the work I did last weekend, I now realize that the work is in releasing myself from what I am carrying around with me.  I do not attain being fully in the present moment just by power of will.  I also need to be willing to let go of the past and allow it to be in my past.  This is spiritually and energetically as well as mindfully.  It's interesting that because I'm now trying to write about it, I understand all of the other things I read about this.  I read them and I thought I knew what they were about, but now I have finally experienced letting go and being fully present.  I know what I thought I was doing before was not being fully present, now I am, and now that I'm trying to write about it, I find I'm using the same words and phrases that I've read in the past and didn't fully understand until now.  It's like whistling.  It can be explained and explained as to how to do it and the only way anybody will be able to whistle is to try to do it and continually adjust their lips and their airflow and try to whistle until one day the sound comes out.  Then that person tries to explain how to do it to another person.  To be fully present in this moment, keep trying to do it until you truly feel it.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment