Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6-11-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Creativity and talent
4.  My brother
5.  Breathing
6.  Opening
7.  The Light
8.  Creativity and Talent
9.  Joy and fun
10.  Unconditional Love

I started this list yesterday morning and became very busy.  I realized this morning that I hadn't finished it yet, so I just continued.  I've realized that I had been taking every opportunity to "beat myself up."  If I start something, I have the intention to complete it, and then I become sidetracked, or priorities shift, or just moving from my office to my home changes what I was thinking about doing.  Have you ever gotten up from one room, walked into another room with intention, but when you get in the other room you forgot why you went in there?  Those are the things that I berate myself for.  I find a project that I started weeks ago and realize I haven't had one thought about it in all those weeks and I get mad at myself.  I spend time telling myself how horrible I am.  I sit down and wallow in what I am making something horrible about myself.  I am stopping this today!  Right now!  When I find a project and/or remember a task to do, I'm going to tell myself: "YAY, how cool is that idea and project I started.  I now get to work on it some more.  This project is cool and wonderful!"   This will be different and right now it sounds very silly to me (there's that old self-debasing habit already showing up) and I will do it.  I will remember to say how wonderful to find all these projects to finish!  I am amazing and wonderful and I create sacred joyful space for myself.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment