Thursday, February 28, 2013

2-28-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Happy Hour
4.  Sleeping
5.  Chanting
6.  Busy with projects at work
7.  Colors
8.  Cool weather
9.  Warm Blankets
10.  Hugs

I feel wrung out.  I see how I am booking my evenings and weekends and then complaining that I don't have any time just for me, to get my stuff done, to relax and read a book.  I see that I am the one allocating my time elsewhere and to others.  Some of these things I don't want to give up, like Happy Hour.  It's not what you think, there is no alcohol.  We actually go to Starbucks and have coffee.  I meet with my very good friend and he and I feel like different parts of each other.  We call it Happy Hour because spending time with each other makes us Happy.  No matter how down I'm feeling or how wrung out, or how sad (lately I have been sad a lot), there are many moments of laughter at Happy Hour with my friend.  The whole time is not laughter or silliness, there is space for sharing my sadness or hurt or any other emotion.  Our Happy Hour is a beautiful mix of all our emotions and unconditional acceptance and love of one another.  I wish everyone to be able to have this wonderful Happy Hour every week.  I am blessed to be able to do this Happy Hour every week.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment