Friday, February 1, 2013

2-1-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Being of service
4.  Creativity and talent
5.  Endless possibilities in every moment
6.  Learning
7.  Love and Light
8.  My phone and computer
9.  Wonderful friends
10.  Connecting

Where to find time for all the things I want to learn?  And then where is the time to practice and use all the things I've learned to retain them?  Where's the time to chant and meditate?  I skipped it this morning because I snoozed the alarm again.  Is getting up earlier and staying up later the trick for doing all the things I want to do?  Then I'm sleep deprived and I don't enjoy anything.  There's a new word for me to learn "discernment".  And I know the meaning of the word, I can use it correctly in a sentence.  When I say learn, I mean a deeper knowing of the word, a deeper knowing of "discernment".  What is that deeper discernment of my needs, wants, tasks, and commitments to fill my time wisely.  It is the deeper discernment of knowing what I need to let go and what I need to do now.  Our modern, gadget-filled culture, and especially the advertising tells us "we can do it all!"  We just need to buy every "time-saving gadget" there is.  But that is an illusion.  We spend more time putting the information into the "time-saving gadget" so that we can finally benefit from the time savings.  Which there are a lot of gadgets that do save me time and help me stay organized.  What I'm talking about is the selling of the concept that we don't have to discern and let go of some wants and desires to take care of our needs.  That's what they are selling, that we don't have to let go of anything, we can do it all.  It's a lie.  We can't do it all and there is a very necessary and spiritual and emotional need for the practice of discernment for ourselves.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment