Saturday, February 23, 2013

2-23-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Chanting
4.  Breathing
5.  Sleeping in
6.  Showers
7.  Warm blankets & Comfy bed
8.  The Light
9.  Choices and responsibility
10.  Endless possibilities in every moment.

I made a choice this morning to sleep in and not go to my Tai Chi class.  I need my Tai Chi class.  For many reasons, the least being that it's the only time I practice.  Yes, I need to be practicing it daily, and I mean to, I think I want to, and yet I don't.  A whole week goes by and it's time for my class again and and I think "whoops, I didn't practice, how did that happen?"  I know how it happens.  I spend my time watching movies and TV shows and playing games on my phone.  And I chose to not go to class and sleep instead.  I justify my choice by telling you that my dog was sick last night and from 2 am to 3 am I was up and outside walking my dog around as he was having digestion issues.  The thing is that there is no right or wrong choice.  Justifying them is an illusion.  I made a choice to sleep in and I take responsibility for that choice, which is missing my class that is important.  Just like I made a choice 11 years ago to be responsible for this dog and take care of him.  I am responsible for feeling bad I missed my class, and I do not blame my dog.  That is the illusion that this world is stuck in.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment