Friday, January 21, 2011

1-21-11 grateful for today

1. Sleeping through the night
2. My adorable dog
3. Endless possibilities and choices
4. Noble friends
5. Unconditional love
6. Rain
7. My car running well
8. Connecting with people
9. My life and breath
10. Space

I have a tendency to make my world very small. So small I feel like I have no room to move around in or even think. By believing there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything, I make my world small. By only seeing despair and not seeing hope, I make my world small. By only seeing the trauma of my past and not seeing the love and beauty and joy that surrounds me now, I make my world small. By seeing my debt as large and my income as small, I make my world small. By only seeing the parking lot outside my balcony and not seeing all the world and universe, I make my world small.

I tend to make myself feel stuck. I have to stay in this job that I have because of my debt. I have to stay in Florida because I'm upside down in my condo. These are illusions. I have the opportunity and choice to quit my job today. What will I do? I don't know, I do know that I will be alive and living. Quitting my job will not kill me. Walking away from my condo and having it forclosed on will not kill me. Not paying my credit card debt will not kill me. I'm the one telling myself that I am locked into these things. I'm the one making my world small.

No comments:

Post a Comment