Tuesday, August 6, 2013

8-6-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Breathing
3.  Creativity and talent
4.  Choices
5.  Unconditional Love
6.  My car running well
7.  Freedom
8.  Choices
9.  the Light
10.  Friends

I make commercials.  That is my job, my profession.  Filmmaking and video editing is my passion and right now I'm channeling it into making commercials.  It's a smallish cable TV provider that I work form and my creative team is me and me.  I come up with the concept, write the scripts, gather all the elements (stock footage, music, shoot footage), do any special effects, do the voice over, edit the whole thing and make it look good for broadcast.  I'm a one man band.  I like quality work.  Sometimes I drag my feet when I'm given an assignment like "make a spot for the channel moves coming up" because an informational spot can be so boring.  I need to be okay with myself when I make an "okay" spot.  Not every single spot I make has to push and challenge me to use some new tools or make it a fascinating spot.  It's weird, that when I decide to make an "okay generic" spot and make it very easy and boring, I drag my feet and procrastinate and put it off when the reason I made that decision was so that I could get it done and off my to-do pile fast.  I'm okay with just being okay today.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment