Friday, March 22, 2013

3-22-13 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  Friday!
3.  Music
4.  Chanting
5.  Creativity
6.  Choices and responsibility
7.  Unconditional Love
8.  PTI
9.  The Light
10.  My car running well

I started this list in the morning, and then got busy at work.  And more truthfully, I didn't think I had anything to say.  Words are powerful, very powerful.  Speaking my truth is powerful.  Speaking.

I wrote many many poems through my childhood.  Hidden in the rhymes and creative metaphors, wound around into obscurity and denial, I was screaming, "Listen to me!"  I could not say what I desperately needed someone to hear.  I could not speak it in all my childhood and young adult years.  I am just now, at 42 readying myself to speak my truth.  Words are powerful.  Speaking truth opens me up, I become vulnerable and beautiful, I am able to be touched by life and this world and people in it and that is called LIVING.  Words are powerful.  Speaking lies (and holding my truth back) I become hard and closed and life seems pointless and empty and angry, and that is called SURVIVING.  For me it is.  Which when I am in "survival" mode, being open and vulnerable is very hard for me to see as "living" as my rational shadow would have me believe that the opposite of "surviving" is "death."  And I am afraid.  The truth is that "surviving" equals "not living", so to live, I need to always speak my truth.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment