Monday, March 7, 2011

3-7-11 grateful for today

1. Water
2. Chanting
3. Breathing
4. My adorable dog
5. Noble friends
6. My car running well
7. Choices
8. The sun
9. Nature
10. Feeling rested

I had a wonderful reunion with great friends yesterday. I realized that I was the one making myself feel left out. It was when the food was brought out and everybody was sitting around the appetizers, I felt myself slipping away. Sitting in the background struggling to be present. After the lunch and the people were finished with their deserts did I finally feel present and part of the group. It was only me, my issues with food keeping me from feeling a part of. I've had a lot of shame since then. I've been trying to use the tools I've learned and I struggle with it. Last night I hated my mouth. And this morning I don't want to think and plan what I'm going to have for lunch and dinner, oh, I need to eat breakfast. I'm safe, I'm safe, I'm safe. I'm in this present moment and my feelings of shame belong in the past.
Love and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment