Saturday, January 30, 2010

1-30-10 grateful for today

1. Saturday open to do creative work of my own
2. My adorable dog
3. Music
4. Open to all possibilities
5. Friends of all shapes, dispositions, talents
6. My car running well
7. Starting this blog
8. My creative abilities
9. Kitchen timer
10. Movies

I am grateful for my kitchen timer. It is important especially today. It's also important (and I'm grateful for) that it's portable. I will be carrying it around with me today. It will be set repeatedly for 15 minutes. This works well because I have a lot of creative projects going on all at once and I have the day to day and weekend chores that need to be done. So, the plan is to work 15 minutes on something, when the timer goes off, move to something else whether it is finished or not. I have spent too many weekends starting work on one project and then Sunday night rolls around and I realize I'm not prepared for my week. I haven't done any laundry, prepared any lunches for my work week. I don't have that piece of work done that I needed to have worked on over the weekend for a client. So, in using the 15 minute rule. I can do my work that may have some aspects of drudgery in them, AND have 15 minutes of fun here and there, like composing music and creating artwork. All projects most likely will not get done. I little bit of everything will move forward. That's my 15 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment