Monday, August 25, 2014

8-25-14 grateful for today

1.  My adorable dog
2.  My car running well
3.  Sleeping well
4.  Choices and responsibility
5.  Friends
6.  Unconditional Love
7.  Freedom
8.  The Light
9.  Breathing
10.  Cool mornings.

I am ready for fall.  There are some weird bugs that come out toward the end of summer here in Georgia.  And after 20 years in South Florida, I am ready for fall to arrive.  I did not want to go through summer again.  And I realize that I had been allowing the weather to affect me.  The familiar depression I was feeling in Florida has come up in me, not wanting to go outside in the sweltering heat, dreading the hot car (so I just won't go to the grocery store or the bank), not wanting to take the dog for long walks.  My dog and I have not been on a hike since Memorial Day and I haven't even taken him for a long walk around the neighborhood.  Not only is it hot and sticky, I also seem to walk through fine spider webs wherever I go.  . . . . so, this does not sound like being grateful at all.  This sounds like a whiney rant.  And it is NOT the weather causing this.  It is my own decision to not see the gorgeous blue sky, to enjoy the beautiful cool breeze this morning and last night, to enjoy the thunderstorms and rain.  I am always my choice.  Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment