Saturday, August 21, 2010

8-21-10 grateful for today

1. Unconditional love
2. My adorable dog
3. My permission to be a mess
4. My creativity
5. Abundant time and space
6. Thunderstorms
7. The air and sun and outside
8. Inner awareness
9. My ignorance
10. Chanting

I haven't done this list in over a MONTH! I have excuses I could tell you . . . I was working two jobs for while and got out of the habit . . . blah blah blah. This list is not easy for me. It's uncomfortable and hard some days to come up with 10 things. I know and feel it helps me when I do it. I chose to listen to the lies, the illusions I came up with to not do this list. I know my soul needs this list daily at this time in my life. It doesn't matter if anybody reads it or not. I need it! And I need it out there where it can be found by other people. Too much of myself I have been keeping to myself. Locked away in my thoughts, locked away in journals and other places where nobody can find them. I don't want to be lost anymore. So this I need, to remind me of being grateful is beautiful and accessible, and to share some of me with the world. So, here I am again.

I gave myself permission to be a mess today. I worked on a creative project involving cutting up and gluing pieces of cereal boxes. I had the intention of cleaning my house up as I will be having company tomorrow all day. I lost my motivation. I've been struggling with being clean and tidy my whole life. And again I fell into its trap and rather watched TV than fold laundry or load the dishwasher. So I'm grateful that I was able to give myself permission to be a mess. I actually felt better cleaning up a few things because that pressure of cleaning everything was off. So, I did do a few things. (I've also set my alarm early in the morning to clean before my guest arrives).

No comments:

Post a Comment